



Oh, Valentine's Day. I just can't quite grasp you as a holiday. I mean, it just feels a bit too forced, doesn't it? I'm not complaining, exactly. After all, the hubs DID give me flowers. And a photo mag. And, even, gasp, a "mixed tape" (so in this decade we call it a CD, but, hey, happy memories of the band Chicago and 8th grade are conjured up with the phrase: mixed tape!) I loved it! Really, what a cute, thoughtful gift...and I was dying, I mean d.y.i.n.g. to find out which songs he had included (and the WHY to each song!) So fun...
I tried to make it a lovely pink/red/white day for the kids as well. Our dinner fit into the color scheme--pretty fun. What's not to love about pink rolls and pink sugar cookies? Or Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes (which I am now apparently obsessed with). And, hey, any excuse for a new toy is fine by those little kidlets. We had a nice day...
I tried to make it a lovely pink/red/white day for the kids as well. Our dinner fit into the color scheme--pretty fun. What's not to love about pink rolls and pink sugar cookies? Or Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes (which I am now apparently obsessed with). And, hey, any excuse for a new toy is fine by those little kidlets. We had a nice day...
(And, secretly, my favorite Valentine? The sugar cookie from Connor: "For you, Mom! It's a dead pirate face--see the Xes for eyes??" Uh, yeah, I see 'em....isn't that so sweet...)
Um, excuse me, why are you so cute and clever? What's going on here? I thought we weren't channeling that girl anymore . . .
ReplyDelete