Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh, You Beautful Doll, You Great Big Beautiful Doll...

She's been excited about this for months...MONTHS! I couldn't figure it out...I mean, they hurt, they poke, they squeeze, they throb. And I told her that, too! Didn't matter, though. She had the color scheme planned and rehearsed over and over (even made sure her back-to-school outfit will match it), she asked repeatedly what it was going to feel like and if I had enjoyed it or not (both times I had them), and if she was going to tell her friends or just surprise them. Seriously, she was...yes, giddy and thrilled for the day to finally come...and here it is! At 9:40 a.m. this morning, with the aid of Robyn (who is also her new dance teacher--funny, huh?), Natasha jumped onto another stepping stone of many pre-teens (including the four other kids in the office the same time we were) taking that (often) unsightly step towards adulthood and a perfectly straight smile...I have to say, however, she is one pretty cute kid with those shiny silver additions! (And, oh yeah, we'll see how excited she still is about this by 9:40 p.m...wink, wink!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow - Wishing that Beautiful Doll the best for the next year and a 1/2 or maybe 2 years.. I hope they aren't on to long!! I'm blessed to had never had braces, but teeth are soo much prettier afterwards. So She will just get even more beautiful and given the looks of her mom and dad, that was a given~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about matching her back to school outfit! That sounds like something I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ironic that Henry passed through that milestone at the same time--just another link, Les, between us!

    ReplyDelete