I love that most of my kids have summer birthdays. We can have a party outside and let the guests run wild! For Dane's 8th birthday party, we invited his three best com padres (Jackson Thacker, JJ Thomas, cousin Dylan) to go to Classic Skating. The boys ran their scooters around the track for about ten minutes, then declared it was too boring! So, at the risk of having a completely lame-o party, I hauled them to the nickel arcade and started doling out the coins. We then headed to Scera Park in Orem for cupcakes and gifts. Aunt Kathy's crew and Grandma and Grandpa Bar (as well as Daddy, Natasha and Fynnley) met us at the park to join in the fun. Dane was so surprised and stoked to get an electric scooter that he insisted on immediately zipping around the park. Pretty sure we'll be seeing him on it for the rest of the summer. He loved all the rest of his gifts and declared it to be a great birthday!
 |
| Fynnley, Dane, Dylan, Jackson, JJ, Connor |
When I saw that pic of him riding his scooter in front of the garbage can, I seriously thought he was riding a Rascal. I was like, "I totally don't remember him getting one of those!"
ReplyDelete