Monday, April 13, 2009

It's My Party, I Can Cry If I Want To...




I've been celebrating the big 29th for the last 7 years now. And, it's not really been a big deal in the past. But this year, I went from 29 to (okay, I'll admit it) 36, and I'm experiencing some serious inner turmoil. 36? 3 plus 6? I mean, that puts me into a new age bracket on surveys (you know, the 35-50 category!) So, am I middle-age now? Certainly that can't possibly be true! I mean, heck, when I was 15 and looking at my church leaders that were in their thirties, I thought they had life all figured out--and I was sure I was never going to be needing any of THAT knowledge! And, yet, here I am, feeling pretty unintelligent, awash and aghast that I don't have "my act" together more than I do at this point in life (whatever that means!) My body is starting to decay in ways it never has before, my ability to speak coherently is rapidly slipping away and if dinner requires more than two pans, I deem it "too complicated for life" and throw away the recipe. So, have I just become the master of simple living, or the master of laziness in my, dare I say it, middle age? It's a crisis, for sure. I think I'll have another piece of chocolate cake and ponder what else I'll lose this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment