Wednesday, April 8, 2009

You Feel Like Heaven to Touch, I Wanna Hold You So Much...




I'm not a "newborn mom." Give me a child that is nine months old on and I'll show you a rested, pleasant, happy to be mother. Not to say I don't love the tiny bundledness, sweet smell of a newborn. They are so exquisitely soft, so yummy to snuggle. But, still, I rejoice in the days my newborn sleeps through the night and is happy to roll all over the floor without my aid. That being said, what a joy it was to hold my sixth niece who made her sweet appearance Sunday morning, April 5, 2009. After finding out Kathy was serious about giving birth this trip to the hospital, I jumped in my car and drove REALLY fast to make it to the hospital in time. And I didn't--missed it by 10 minutes! I was really bummed, but, nonetheless, oh so grateful to be introduced to tiny Tienne Etoile Terry. Expectantly so, memories of my own sweet ones flitted through my mind as I gazed at her petite features and cuddled her close. After all, these angles ARE sent straight from heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment