Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sing Us A Song, You're the Piano [Wo]man, Sing Us A Song Tonight...




I could see feet and ankles running back and forth...back and forth...back and, oh! Did somebody just fall down? Who was it? Oh...green sneakers kid. And here I sit, minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day...I'm dying! These scales are killing me, I hate this song! I'm never gonna get it right: A, C, E, D, E, B, no make that B flat...ugh! Why can't I just go out and play with the other kids? Who needs to learn to play the piano anyway? When am I EVER going to need to know this in life? I remember it well, my little self practicing on the old player piano in the basement of the Orem house I grew up in. Wish I would have practiced a little harder...wish I would have stuck with it. I can't even play the hymns without serious mistakes! Ah, the 20/20 vision of adulthood. And, in tradition of all good Mormon parents everywhere, I'm "making" my own little people embark on the musical instrument mastery program. Tonight marked the end of two years of piano for Natasha. She did a beautiful job, even if the piano book flew off it's perch and into her lap mid-song! She continued on like a professional performer. Bless her...maybe we'll get a musician yet!

1 comment:

  1. Geez, just like me. I wish I'd have stuck with it more. Great job Tash! (Don't let her quit!)

    ReplyDelete