Tuesday, January 12, 2010

How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You...


"I want my cupcake!" She declared.

"It's gone...you ate it all yesterday!" I replied.

"No, I didn't! It's in the bag!" She demands.

"What bag?" There's not a bag..." Maybe she is losing it, I wonder?

"In that plastic fing!" Her voice is getting louder.

"Honey, there is no cupcake in a bag!" I emphatically respond.

"Yes! I want my cupcake in a bag!" She almost yells.

I start to vacuum hoping she'll forget about it and be distracted by something else.

"See! Here it is! I want to eat my cupcake in the bag!" She is triumphant.

I turn and look...sure enough, a tiny, smidge of a cupcake saved in a just-big-enough bag...

Ah, a girl after my own heart, saves every last cupcake crumb to savor 'til the bitter end!

No comments:

Post a Comment