The BIG 4-0!! I cannot lie...I have been dreading this birthday for YEARS!! Think about it...when I was a 13-year-old, I remember looking at my church leaders and swearing to myself that I would never be THAT old...and that was the 36-year-old I was perusing! I've said it before and I'll say it again--I just really thought I would have my act together at this point in life. You know: feel confident and secure in all situations, love living in my own skin, set and achieve several life-changing goals, pretty well have the motherhood thing mastered, certainly having the perfect friend, sister, daughter and wife thing well under control...
But, no. Turns out I don't. I'm still late all the time, I still drive my husband nuts here and there, I still leave dinner dishes on the counter all night. Not sure what that really says about me...except that I know one thing for sure...I love my life. Right now. This age. This time. This season...
I'm not perfect, apparently never will be. But I keep moving forward. I keep hoping. I keep dreaming. I keep loving and trying oh-so-hard to hang on to each moment. Because one thing I can testify to...time is moving faster. I promise it is. And I'm going to soak up and enjoy just as much of it as I can grab and hold on to. And definitely adopt a new life motto: 40 is FABULOUS!
 |
| Kathy designed this beautiful invitation. |
And aren't I just the luckiest girl to have such a sweet husband who spent hours coordinating with the Preator women and my dear friend, Jessica Thacker, to throw me the best 40th birthday party evah!!!
It was such a surreal moment for me to celebrate my life thus far with so many of my favorite people on earth. I missed those that couldn't be there, but was so grateful for the love and show of support from those that came. I took the opportunity to tell each of them why I love and cherish them in my life. And, then, they did the same for me--talk about a room full of warm fuzzies!! And since we all need an affirmation of our worth to others now and again, I'm documenting some of the sweet compliments that were given to me:
These ladies said I was a talented photographer, great mom, good example, great baker, good at giving advice and tips on life, a supportive friend, a good daughter and niece, a fun dance mom, a best friend, a soul sister, pretty darn funny, have a beautiful voice, can confide in me and help others feel better when down, beautiful, kind, sweet, make people feel comfortable and know that I care about them and their lives.
I figure, if I can spend the rest of my life living up to those compliments, I'll leave this world in pretty good shape...so, here's to AT LEAST another 40...
 |
| Party planner extraordinare, Jessica |
 |
| My T. helping to set up the party |
 |
| The best hubs on the planet (he told me he ran the party planning like a business meeting! LOL) |
 |
| My favorite sister, Kathy |
 |
| My mama, Su |
 |
| My cutest SIL, Lindsay |
 |
Jessica chose my fave colors (orange and turquoise), my fave pattern (chevron)
and my fave texture (fringe) to decorate the Imaginarium |
 |
Some of the most yummy desserts on the planet--Sweet Tooth Fairy
cupcakes, Smart Cookies and Nothing Bundt Cake! Yee-haw! |
 |
Shayne had my favorite Mexican food catered by Cafe Rio! Yummo! (except for
those nasty beans!) |
 |
| Loved these labels (even if they did get a little water-logged!) |
 |
Jen Guiver, Andrea Mumford, Shannon Harmon, Shannon Taylor, Marisa
Skousen, Amy Thomas |
 |
| Annie Fralick, Robyn Warner, Natasha, Kamryn Contino |
 |
| Chow time! |
 |
Kathy Terry, Irene Hill, Su Preator, Regina Slater, Julie Nielsen
Breanne Smith, Lindsay Preator |
 |
| Janice Fox, Ali Fox Beeson, Eileen Johnson |
 |
| Alison Wakefield, Jill Wakefield, |
 |
| That's a lotta candles!! |
 |
| Time to shake your groove thang! A Just Dance contest!! |
 |
| No one was safe from participating! |
 |
| I even made Mom get up and shake a tail feather! |
 |
We just kept dancing, and dancing, and...finally, my heels had to come
off! |
 |
| Tracy Contino |
 |
| I love these ladies!! xoxo |
I love the dancing pictures! And now I'm craving sweets of all kinds after reading this.
ReplyDelete